Gluten-Free Pumpkin Frosted Mini Pumpkin Shaped Cakes
These Mini Pumpkin Halloween Cakes are just the right size for your Halloween party or just to enjoy with your trick or treaters at home. Made by GFFP Certified Brand Kate's Safe and Sweet, and using their vanilla frosting and vanilla cakes mixes, these little pumpkins promise to be full of flavor and free of top allergens. Kate's Pumpkin Spice frosting completes these treats for the perfect allergen free treat.
- 1 Kate’s Safe & Sweet Vanilla Cake
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup Your Safe Milk
- 3½ tbsp Your Safe Oil
- 1 Kate’s Safe & Sweet Vanilla Frosting Mix
- Butter/ Shortening of your choice
- 3 – 4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 – 4 Pumpkin Puree
- 3 – 4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheatoven to 350°F. Lightly spray the sides and bottom of your cake pan withthe non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Stir together vinegar and milk. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend the cake mix, oil, and vinegar and milk mixture togetheruntil smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake on middle rack as directed below until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. For a sheet pan you’ll want to bake from 15-18 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place on a wire rack. Allow cake to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan and placing directly on wire rack.
- Letcool completely before frosting.
- Combine butter/ shortening in a large bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add about half of the frosting mix and mix until well combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pumpkin puree and mix until smooth.
- Add spices and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining frosting mix and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Add additional pumpkin puree and mix until desired consistency is reached – it can be easy to add too much here, so go slow and add a little at time.
- Using a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter (or any shape you’d like to use) cut the cake into shapes. After the cake is cut into your desired shapes use a piping tip and bag and to pipe on the pumpkin spice frosting. Add sprinkles if you’dlike!