Chicken Quinoa and Vegetables
Can be served hot or cold, depending on the the season.
- 1 cup rinsed quinoa preferably certified GF
- 2 cups low sodium GF chicken or vegetable stock canned, homemade or made using bouillon cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (optional) shredded
Put the quinoa, stock and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add frozen peas. Continue to simmer until all liquid is absorbed, another 5-10 minutes.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a pan. Sauté chicken over medium-high heat until cooked through. Set aside.
Heat remaining oil in a pan, sauté onion, garlic, and chopped vegetables over a medium-high heat until soft, approximately 8 minutes.
Combine quinoa, chicken and vegetables. Serve with cheese on top.
- Vary vegetables according to availability and preference.
- Chopped avocado, tomato and cilantro sprinkled on top.