Mini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
These mini muffins are a fun mid-day snack for your littles or a nice after meal treat too. Starting with Kates Safe & Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix, they aren't your regular muffins. Moist, delicious and best of all, free of the top 8 allergens.Visit the Kates Safe & Sweet GF-Finder webpage for a full list for GFFP Certified products.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring Cups
- Muffin pan
- Ice Cream Scoop
- 1 Kate’s Safe & Sweet Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup Milk Dairy or non-dairy
- 2 Over Ripe Medium Bananas
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly spray the muffin pan with the non-stick cooking spray or line with mini muffin liners. Set aside.
- Stir together the vinegar and milk. Set aside.
- Mash bananas and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend the cake mix, mashed bananas, oil, and vinegar and milk mixture together until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Fold in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan using a small ice cream scoop.
- Bake on the middle rack as directed below until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. These are quick to bake so will take about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and place on a wire rack. Allow muffins to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan and placing directly on wire rack.
Muffins are best served within 3 days. Kate recommends storing in the fridge to extend the shelf life. This recipe can also be made using Kates Safe & Sweet Chocolate Cake Mix as well.