Amaretti Brownie Pie
When you talk about anything brownie, you can't go wrong! This brownie pie will become your favorite way to eat brownies. With a touch of Amaretti cookie flavor, it's just plain awesome! Find a full list of GFFP Certified products on The Carolina's Brownies GF-Finder web page .
- 8 inch round cake pan
- Parchment Paper
- 5 large Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 200 g Crushed Amaretti di Saronno Biscuits reserve 5 biscuits for later
- 75 g Almond Flour
- 50 g Cornstarch
- 250 g Butter
- 150 g Dark Chocolate in pieces
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 jar Apricot Jam
- Pre heat oven 180 degrees.
- Remove eggs and butter from the fridge to bring them to room temperature.
- Prepare a 23 cm (8 in) round cake pan, greased with butter and with parchment paper, also greased on the bottom.
- Mix the almond flour, cornstarch, crushed biscuits, salt and set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in microwave on medium power for 1 or 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate. Reserve.
- Beat eggs with a wire whisk and add sugar and beat well. Add the melted chocolate and butter. Beat until combined and shiny.
- Add the flour and stir until everything is mixed. Don't over mix.
- Place in the prepared pan. Bake at 180 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Depending on your oven it may take longer, use the toothpick test. Brownie is ready when the toothpick comes out with some crumbs stuck to it.
- When cool, unmold and turn right side up. Cover with apricot jam and decorate with reserved cookies.