Gluten-Free Chocolate Brownie Ice-Cream Sandwiches
These chocolate brownie ice-cream sandwiches are the perfect gluten-free summer treat for the whole family. They are sinfully delicious chocolate-vanilla treats by GFFP Certified brand Valley Flaxflour (Valley Kitchen). Find certified products, info and more on the Valley Flaxflour Ltd. webpage here: Valley Kitchen
- 2 – 9 x 13 baking pans
- ¾ cup Butter
- 8 squares Bitter Baking Chocolate
- 2 large Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
- ⅔ cup Valley Kitchen All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated White Sugar
- ¾ cup Sifted Cocoa
- 8 scoops Gluten-Free Vanilla Ice-Cream
- Preheat oven to 325oF.
- Lightly spray and line 2, 9×13 inch baking pans with parchment paper.
- In the microwave, using a medium size, microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Cool slightly and add the chocolate. Stir to melt.
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Beat into the butter/chocolate mixture
- Mix the Valley Kitchen All-Purpose Flour with the sugar and cocoa.
- Using a spatula, stir the butter mixture into the dry mixture.
- Spread the batter onto the lined baking sheet.
- Bakefor 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on the pan for several minutes and then refrigerate to chill.
- Spread softened ice cream on the top of the brownies in one of the pans.
- Turn the other pan of brownies onto a wire rack, remove the paper, and slide onto the top of the ice-cream. Press the layers together.
- Freeze until hard.
- Using the edges of the parchment paper, lift the ice cream cake out of the pan. Set on a clean counter and cut into 16 ice-cream sandwiches.