Prep this dish the night before to have yummy layers of bread, cheese, your choice of meat and veggies and you have a dish that the family will devour!
- 6 large Eggs, beaten
- 2½ cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Grated onion
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
- 12 Slices of gluten-free bread torn up into small pieces
- ¾ lb Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups Ham and/or mixtures of zucchini, jalapeno, carrot, onion, red pepper and diced scallions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray Pam on bottom of 9”x13” baking dish.
- Mix eggs, milk, onion, salt, and red pepper together; set aside.
- Put half the torn bread on bottom. Layer with cheese, more bread, then ham/veggie mixture.
- Pour milk/egg mixture over the top and refrigerate overnight.
- Let set at room temperature about 15 minutes, then bake uncovered 45 minutes to one hour.
- Top with a little grated cheese and continue to bake a little longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe provided by the National Celiac Association