Valley Flaxflour Ltd sells its products under the brand name Valley Kitchen; these listed products are Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Food Program since 2021 and endorsed by the National Celiac Association.
Co-owners Howard Selig and Wendy Rodda have been grinding flax flour for many years. In fact, this year 2021 marks two decades of milling gluten-free flours and mixes in Middleton.
Howard’s skill and knowledge have earned him the Taste of Nova Scotia Product of the Year for his Pancake and Cookie Mix in 2016 and the Outstanding Innovator of the Year award in 2017 from the Annapolis Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Even the British celebrity chef Jamie Oliver used Valley Flaxflour’s products in his protein bread recipe that was in his book Superfoods
The link between Howard’s specialty products and health is no accident. Howard is a chef and registered dietician and the company grew out of the need in long-term care facilities for a source of milled flax seeds.
Valley Kitchen ingredients and mixes
Valley Flaxflour Ltd processes all-Canadian, GMO-free, gluten-free, premium food-grade, brown and golden flax seeds, oats, buckwheat, and corn.
We believe that freshly milled, whole grains and seeds selected for their nutritional benefits, provide our consumers with the 0opportunity to make healthy food choices for themselves and their families.
- all-Canadian Breakfast Cereal 1 kg; 6 kg
- GF all-purpose flour 1 kg; 6 kg; 10 kg
- GF Bread Mix 1 kg; 1.6 kg; 6 kg
- Brown flax flour sifted 800 g; 6 kg; 10 kg;
- Brown flax seeds 1.2 kg; 6 kg
- Buckwheat flour 1 kg; 6 kg; 10 kg
- Buckwheat groats 1.2 kg
- Corn Flour
- Golden flax flour 800 g; 1.2 kg; 6 kg; 10 kg
- Golden flax powder 800 g
- Golden flax seeds 1.2 kg; 6 kg
- Oat flour 1 kg; 6 kg; 10 kg
- Oats groats 1.2 kg
- Oatmeal 800 g; 6 kg; 10 kg
- Oats whole rolled 800 g; 6 kg; 10 kg
- Pancake & Cookie Mix 1 kg; 6 kg; 10 kg
- Smoothie Booster 800 g