Easy No Bake Gluten-Free Holiday Peanut Butter “Cookies”
These holiday "cookies" have been a family favorite for many years! Using different sized crackers and your preferred nut butter, you can create yummy holiday treats in a flash!
- glass or microwaveable bowls
- cookie sheets covered with parchment paper
- 1 lb Melting or molding chocolate wafers for each color of cookie (we used chocolate,red and green for this recipe) so a total of 3 lbs
- ¼ tsp Coconut oil per color (optional) add only if using molding chocolate to help the melting process
- 2 boxes Salted gluten-free crackers of your choice. We used gluten-free Breton crackers (original flax) and Lance original gluten-free crackers herb or cheese crackers not recommended for this recipe
- 1 jar All natural gluten-free peanut butter (doesn't have to be all natural)
- 1 jar Cashew butter optional
- 1 jar Salted caramel nut butter optional
- Sea salt or himalayan salt to taste optional
- Finely chopped candy cane to taste optional
- Place parchment paper on the cookie sheets. Lay the crackers in twos (to make sandwiches) until you have filled the sheet.
- Spread your chosen nut butter onto each sandwich. For this recipe, we used all 3 nut butters listed in our ingredients.
- Take your chocolate and empty it into a glass or microwaveable bowl. If you are using molding chocolate, add the coconut oil and then microwave for about 1 minute or until fully melted, depending on your microwave wattage. Check after 45 seconds. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- You will know if you overcook the chocolate. It will clump together and start to smell burnt.
- Once warm, stir the melted wafers until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Using your fingers, tongs or a spoon, dip each cookie sandwich into the melted chocolate until completely covered and place back on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat all instructions if you are using multiple colors of chocolate.
- Optional: Sprinkle with sea salt, crushed candy cane or holiday sprinkles if desired.
- Put the entire tray of cookies into the fridge for about an hour, or freezer for 30 minutes to cool. *You can also just leave the tray sit out to cool but for optimum results, we recommend cooling in the fridge.
- Serve at room temperature or put into a gift box as a homemade gluten-free holiday treat.
- NOTE: If your chocolate cools and hardens before you have dipped all of your cookies, you can put it back into the microwave for a few seconds to reheat it. Just be careful not to burn it.