Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Add a little kick to your stuffed bell pepper recipe! We've added taco seasoning and salsa to make these easy stuffed peppers that even the kids will love!
- 4 – 5 Bell Peppers
- 1 lbs Ground beef
- 1 lbs Ground veal
- 1 large Jar of salsa
- 1 pge Taco Seasoning
- 1½ cups Pre Cooked Rice
- 1 cup Black Beans Drained
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese of Choice
- Start by cooking the veal and beef together over medium heat with a little water and the butter until no longer pink. The butter helps tenderize the meat.
- While the meat is cooking, preheat the over to 375° and prepare the peppers by cutting the top off and taking out the seeds. Arrange peppers standing upright in a baking dish.
- Once cooked, drain the meat then add the jar of salsa, beans, rice and taco seasoning and mix well. This can be done in the pan or transfer to a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and start filling the mixture into the hollowed out peppers.
- Once all the peppers are full, top with shredded cheese and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Plate and cut open to add additional cheese if desired and enjoy!
- Add a dollop of sour cream for a real Mexican dish feel.