Best Gluten-Free Crispy Coated Fish
Get ready for the best gluten-free fish ever! Even if pork rinds aren't for you, we promise that you will love them as crunchy fish batter! This recipe is easy, healthy and delicious! Everyone will love it!
- Air Fryer
- 2 bags Pork Rinds
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Duck Fat or Oil
- ½ tsp Fresh Ground Pepper
- 4-6 pieces Haddock or Cod
- 4 Lemon Wedges optional
- Tartar Sauce optional
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork. Add the pepper to the eggs.
- Blend the pork rinds in the blender until they are powder like. You can also put them in a ziploc bag and crush them by hand but the end result mixture will not be as fine.
- Add seasonings to the pork crumbs and mix with a fork.
- Take your fresh or thawed fish and dip it in the egg mixture until fully covered with egg.
- Place the fish in the pork crumbs and turn over so that both sides become fully coated. For extra crispy coating, repeat the egg and pork crumb steps.
- Place coated fish into the air fryer and air fry at 400° for 15 minutes. Turn the fish over and continue cooking for another 15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with lemon and/or tartar sauce if you like.
Note: We haven’t added salt because the pork rinds are salty enough in this recipe.