Crispy Gluten-Free Pork Rind Coated Chicken
Did we say pork rind coated chicken? Yes, we did! The saltiness of the pork rinds help to lock in the juices to make a crispy, delicious coating. This recipe is a must try that the fam will love!
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Blender
- 2 bags Regular Pork Rinds
- 6-8 Chicken Thighs (skin on)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Duck Fat
- 2 eggs Beaten
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Blend the pork rinds for about 30 seconds, until they are a dry powder consistency.
- Dump the powdered pork rinds into a medium size bowl. Add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and parmesan and mix together lightly.
- In a separate, small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork.
- Dip the chicken thighs into the egg and then into the pork rind mixture until fully coated. *For extra crispy chicken, dip the chicken into the egg and pork rind mixture twice.
- Place the coated chicken into the air fryer and add the duck fat.
- Set the air fryer to the air fry setting at 400° and cook for 35 minutes.
- After the 35 minutes is up, check the chicken to see if it is cooked through. Add increments of 5 minutes until cooked completely and crispy.
RECIPE NOTE: Add additional seasonings to flavor as desired. The pork rinds are already salty, so it is not recommended to add salt.