Gluten-Free Shepherd’s Pie
Made with lean ground beef, seasonings, gluten-free food program certified gravy mix and loads of mashed potatoes, this Shepherd's Pie recipe is a great comfort food staple.
- 6 – 8 Potatoes cut and over boiled for easy mashing
- 2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 med Onion
- 2 cups Frozen Peas & Carrots
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- 2 packets Full Flavor Foods Beef Gravy Mix
- 1 pinch Salt
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- ¼ cup Milk lactose free, almond or coconut milk all work as well as cow's milk
- Start by boiling your potatoes until they’re extra soft and easy to mash.
- At the same time as the potatoes are cooking, fry up the lean ground beef, add the chopped onion, garlic powder, fresh ground pepper, peas and carrots and gluten-free gravy mix.
- Next mash your potatoes with some fresh ground pepper a little salt, some butter and some milk.
- Layer with your beef on the bottom and a nice thick layer of potatoes on top.
- Add cheese (if desired) and extra butter to help get a nice brown, crisp layer on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour until bubbling. Cut and enjoy!
Visit the Full Flavor Foods gf-finder webpage for a listing of all of their certified product.s