Black Bean Brownies with Peanut Butter
If you are looking to increase your plant-based protein intake in the most delicious way, this bite sized brownie recipe from Once Again Nut Butter checks all the boxes. A flourless, high protein brownie, it offers naturally occurring plant protein from peanuts and beans but also incorporates flax meal, keeping this recipe vegan.
- 1 15 ounce Can of Black Beans Rinsed
- 2 Flax Eggs 2 tablespoons of flax meal and 5 tablespoons of warm water
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- ½ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1½ tsps Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Once Again Creamy Peanut Butter
- Start by adding beans to your food processor; then combine eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Once well blended, add sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, and baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into a muffin pan designed for bite-sized brownies or in a 9×9 pan. This recipe makes twelve brownie bites.
- To finish, add about one half teaspoon of peanut butter to each muffins and swirl around in the batter with a fork.
- Place in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or bake until edges darken.
- Remove brownies from the oven and let them cool before serving.