Keto Lasagna with Mulay’s Sausage
Meet the marriage of the ultimate keto lasagna to Mulay's mild Italian sausage in this cheesy, low carb, no sugar dish. The addition of Italian seasonings, zucchini and cottage cheese, will keep your taste buds wanting more. Visit the Mulay's GF-Finder Webpage for a full list of GFFP Certified products.
- Veggie Peeler
Meat Sauce Ingredients
- 1 pkg Mulay’s Mild Italian Sausage
- 1 tbs Avocado Oil
- ¼ Diced Onion
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp Italian Seasonings
- 1 jar Low Carb, No Sugar Marinara Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 10 ounces Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1 medium Egg
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tap Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- 1 large Zucchini
- 1½ cups Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Using a large veggie peeler, mandolin or knife, slice zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Remove the casing from the sausages.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat, and sauté onion & garlic until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the sausage, breaking up as you brown it; add the Italian seasonings, salt & pepper.
- Continue cooking until nice & browned.
- Add your sauce of choice; reduce the meat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 min and remove from heat.
- While the sauce is simmering, mix all of the ingredients thoroughly and set aside.
- Spray an 8 x 4” loaf pan with avocado spray.
- Take about 1/3 cup of the sauce and spread on the bottom.
- Take 4 zucchini ribbons and overlap.
- Spread 1/4 cup filling over the noodles then top with meat sauce followed by a handful of mozzarella; repeat once more.
- Cook in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes until brown and bubbling. Serve immediately.