Gluten-Free Fish Tacos with Creamy Salsa
These fish tacos aren't just for Tuesdays! Made with gluten-free flour, seasonings and fresh garnishes, these tasty tacos are great any day of the week!
- 1/2 cup GF flour
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill (optional)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lb tilapia or white fish cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1/4 cut lemon or lime juice
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 8 oz salsa approximate quantity
- 8 oz sour cream
- a mix of toppings such as radishes, chopped onions or sliced scallions, chopped avocado and lettuce
- Put flour, herbs / spices and salt into a large bowl and mix.
- Put lemon / lime juice in to a small bowl. Dip fish into juice and then into flour mixture until lightly coated.
- Heat oil in frying pan. Add coated fillets. Sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked. Remove from pan, cover to keep warm.
- Clean and dry pan. Put over medium heat. When hot, add corn tortillas and cook for approximately 30 seconds and each side.
- Put salsa and sour cream in a small bowl and mix.
- Let people make their own tacos by filling tortillas with fish, salsa and a mix of other toppings.